The International Crane Foundation has recently registered as a local entity in Zambia. As part of a partnership with Endangered Wildlife Trust on the African Crane Conservation Programme (ACCP), we aim to have stable Wild
populations of the four threatened crane species, resident to sub-Saharan Africa.
We are looking for a dynamic, committed and detailed-oriented person to fill the role of Communication Intern for a period of 3 (Three Months) with possibility of extension. The person whose main responsibilities will include for the following:
1. Develop content, reviewing and compiling a newsletter to highlight monthly achievements, results and activities for the Zambia programme. The newsletter can then be sent out to our funders and supporters and partners.
2. Outline and prepare monthly reports and writing and proofreading blog posts etc.
3. Supporting preparations for small scale events and meetings.
4. Developing a media and communications strategy for our projects.
5. Prepare technical and project summary fact sheets for different audiences (policy makers scientists, etc)
6. Managing and promoting work on project social media sites – this will be done in conjunction with the ICF International comms team.
7. Any other duties assigned by supervisors.
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma program in marketing, mass communications or related field
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both written and spoken English
Competence in MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
Passionate about communications and conservation
Experience in content generation and organising events How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a two-page Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to Staceyc@ewt.org.za by the 02nd October 2020
How To Apply:
To apply for this job email your details to Staceyc@ewt.org.za