Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Transport & Fleet Officer
Location: Lusaka or [TBD] provincial office, Zambia
URC seeks to fill the position of a qualified Driver to support the project. The Driver performs the operations, maintenance, and management of project vehicles, including routine maintenance, as well as providing transportation for project activities for all staff. As needed, the Driver performs office support tasks, as requested.
• Drive project personnel and equipment to locations in Zambia for project activities. Maintain timely schedule set by program staff.
• Maintain project vehicles, keep accurate records for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs, and schedule routine maintenance and cleaning
• Observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in country traffic laws
• Perform daily errands such as collecting and delivering mail, making bank deposits and withdrawals, purchasing items for the office, and refueling the vehicles on an as-needed basis
• Transport staff or consultants to project sites and offices or for implementation of activities
• Ensure the readiness of the vehicle, in a good mechanical condition and ensure vehicle is prepared for long trips on rough terrain prior to field visits.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle both inside and out. Ensure that the first aid kit is in place and stocked at all times.
• Assist in routine office chores when necessary such as photocopying, binding, filing, moving furniture, answering telephones, sending faxes, and cleaning the office premises
• Carry out routine monthly service of the vehicle, including oil changes and general service.
• Complete the vehicle log book on a daily basis, recording all travel and requiring staff transported to sign, and submit to Finance & Administration Director for review and approval on a weekly basis.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• Valid Zambian Driver’s License with a clean driving record
• Certificate on mechanics and defensive driving
• Desired Experience & Qualifications
• At least 7 years’ prior experience in professional driving Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable
• Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Lusaka and other regions of Zambia
• Previous work experience on a USAID or other development project is desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• English language proficiency.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.