The Council of the Zambia Catholic University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Finance Administrator.
The Finance Administrator is responsible for providing sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor on financial matters and strategies for the University. The position holder is expected to design, implement, monitor, and control financial and accounting functions.
In executing the functions of the job, the main duties of the Finance Administrator include the following:
1. Co-coordinating the formulation of annual financial budgets of the University and implementing the budgets once approved by the Council and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
2. Advising the University Management on all financial matters and implications, plans and appraisal of alternatives
3. Providing financial performance reports on the overall University budget and departmental budgets
4. Compiling reliable and timely financial reports for the University FinanceCommittee
5. Directing and controlling all financial and accounting functions and ensuring adherence to set standards.
6. Determining realistic fees for academic and consultancy services to maximize revenue collection for the University and oversees the overall operations of student financial services, billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the university.
7. Provides direction and leadership in financial management, fiscal policies review and changes; conducts special studies as required; ensures compliance with university, state, and federal regulations and standard accounting procedures.
8. Provides periodic reports of receipts and technical information to the university community and to external funding agencies.
9. Providing financial information and deducing the repercussions for business performance and funding needs
10. Preparing monthly accounting reconciliations
11. Controls policies and procedures for goods/services procurement, storage and disposal.
12. Processing of sales invoice
13. To ensure the financial rules of the company that employs them are followed
14. To prepare accounts for payments received and purchases made by the organization
15. Controls day to day incomes and expenditures
16. Directing the preparation of financial reports summarizing and estimating the organization’s financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income; to improve the financial controls within the organization
17. To draw up the organization’s monthly budgets based on the necessities of the business
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE/MINIMUMJOBREQUIREMENTS
The post holder should have the following:
1. A professional accounting/finance qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA, Degree.
2. Must be a fully paid-up member of ZICA
3. A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage
4. Membership of a professional accounting/finance local or international body
5. At least five (5) years working experience at senior accountancy/finance management level
6. Experience in resource mobilization and business planning would be an added advantage
7. Completed degree(s)from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
8. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and university financial policies and procedures.
ATTRIBUTES /KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be a practicing Christian, reliable with high professional integrity
2. Team player with good communication skills, and self-confidence with analytical abilities.
3. Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
4. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
5. Knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable principles, methodology, and practices.
6. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
7. Ability to write reports containing technical information.
8. Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
9. Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
10. Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
11. Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
12. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
The Finance Administrator is appointed to hold office for a period of three (3) years with a possibility of another similar period depending on performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates meeting the stated requirements must forward their application letters with updated curriculum vitae together with three references, academic and professional certificates and other relevant documents to:
“POSITION OF FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR”
The ZambiaCatholic University
P.O. Box 260410
Hand deliver or post applications to: Office of the Registrar, ZambiaCatholic University,
Plot 1937, Ntundwe Drive, Kalulushi.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th August, 2020.