At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Foreman, Excavators will be responsible for improvement of the reliability and availability of the Excavator Maintenance team by building, assessing and continuously improving equipment availability in line with MR (214).
- Coordinate activities of your team in accordance with the weekly plan
- Participate in the formulation of the maintenance plans
- Liaise with the leadership team on performance issues
- Embed the culture of quality repairs and continuous improvement in the team
- Maintain the drills equipment currently operating in the Mine site
- Supervising a team of Artisans to ensure safety and maintenance policies are adhered to
- Ensure day to day tasks are performed within the Workshop
- Support infrastructure, process and systems in accordance with maintenance methodologies
- Carry out planned repairs and lube servicing in the workshop and field
- Managing & reporting of the parts availability
- Ensures that all tasks carried out are as per supervisor’s written and verbal instructions
- Actively contribute to the overall team activities and promote good working practices
- Manage Attendance and Discipline within the team
- Perform any other duties as required by Management.
- Full Grade twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate; and
- Craft or Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or equivalent
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- PC Literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve results in a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to mentor and train personnel
- Demonstrated analytical approach to fault analysis
- Good working experience with Liebher and Hitachi excavators
- Committed to quality workmanship
- Committed to enhance a safe working environment
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in a mining environment