*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To manage & coordinate human resources strategy for VisionFund Zambia including manpower planning, recruitment & selection, orientation, placement, performance management, compensation package, staff development and talent management.
Ensure that HR Strategy is developed & implemented in all areas of the organization and in compliance with VF Zambia & VFI standards:
- Makes Board presentations of P & C matters.
- Provides strategic people support and advice on Human Resources issues.
- Updates the P&C manual on a per need basis, and ensures that all revision and addition to the policies are written in the employee handbook; Informs all concerned staff the changes entered into the employee handbook/P&C manual.
- Ensures that good insurance covers for staff are in place that will be of benefit to the organization.
- Reviews and updates P&C policies, procedures and guidelines.
- As required quarterly present to board P &C matters (or as needed).
Staffing Plan & Budgets:
- Contributes and advises on senior management strategic planning, with particular responsibility for HR needs, policies and procedures.
- Prepares and submits annual budget and plan for the approval of the SMT & Board as necessary.
- Plans and implements P&C related procurements and services.
- Responsible for ensuring a conducive and safe work environment for all staff.
- Respond to and address audit queries and suggestions.
Recruitment, Selection, Orientation and Placement:
- Develops letters of appointment, transfer, promotion, and the like; and sends to the concerned staff after approval.
- Conducts “due diligence” or the “fit and proper” test to assess the job applicant’s background and character.
- Ensures that VF Zambia maintains a standardized and systematic hiring and recruitment process; develops or updates hiring policies and procedures most appropriate to individual positions.
- Coordinates all recruitment for VF Zambia: reviews staff requisitions, supervises the hiring and contractual process, and arranges for the new employee’s orientation with the immediate supervisor.
Compensation & Rewards:
- Reviews the benefits scheme (compensation, incentives, and other benefits) on a regular basis (2-3 years) and ensures that it is properly administered in accordance with the P&C manual and prevailing local labour laws.
- If necessary, recommends any exceptions to the CEO and seeks approval from the regional office.
- Conducts consultations with department heads to determine performance indicators and benchmarks per position.
- Periodically carries out salaries and benefits surveys for the review process in order to develop and maintain a competitive compensation package and incentive schemes for staff.
Performance Management & Engagement:
- Develop, implement and monitor staff performance appraisals and ensure that these are done on a regular basis.
- Reviews and upgrades the performance appraisal tools in collaboration with the regional office, determine effectiveness and applicability.
- Investigates all disciplinary and grievance cases with the respective staff, provides guidance, and corrective action through counseling, training, or instituting disciplinary procedures.
- In consultation with the senior management, develops performance indicators and standards in promoting staff to higher posts.
- Works closely with the SMT and MFI branches to improve branch efficiency & effectiveness.
Capability & Competency Management:
- Conducts periodic staff training needs assessments and plans for capacity building- training and staff development.
- Coordinates and develops the staff development strategy to make sure that the staff continues to achieve professional growth within VF Zambia.
Employee Relations & Change Agent:
- Advise staff on the grievance procedures and the WVI/VFI whistleblower policy.
- Monitor the IIM system to ensure that cases reported are addressed and closed.
- Coordinate staff training on sexual harassment, safeguarding, personal security and other key training aimed at improving employee experience at the MFI.
- Coordinates grievance hearing between the staff and the committees.
- Supports the board and management in cases of suspension and disciplinary action.
And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time (5%)
Visit to the Field operations.
And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Participate actively in the Africa regional P&C initiatives and mandates.
Represent the MFI in professional P&C forums and meetings.
On-going on personal professional development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources management or related field.
- Bachelors’ Degree in HR, Social Science, Psychology or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal counseling & problem- solving skills.
- Very good knowledge of oral & written English.
- Very good analytical & reporting skills.
- Good trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach.
- Experienced in using various human resource information systems.
- Good knowledge of WV &VFI Partnership (an added advantage).
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Be a good leader.
- Familiar with Core business.
- Model and demonstrate effective Christian leadership and able to lead daily devotions.
How To Apply:
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.